|WHAT DO YOU NEED?||WHAT TO DO||PHONE NUMBER / LINK|
|Ambulance||Call for help||Dial 9 1 1 immediately.|
Call Rife’s Autobody…….
Westerville (614) 890-6109
Grandview (614) 488-6106
|Tow Truck||Call… 24/7/365||Woody’s Towing 614-996-8228
Emergency, Dial 9 1 1
Columbus (614) 645-4545
Westerville (614) 882-7444
Grandview (614) 488-7901
Highway Patrol (877) 772-8765
Hertz / Westerville (614) 476-6847
Hertz / Grandview (614) 221-3000
Hertz / After Hours Number
Yellow Cab (614) 444-4444
|WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I’VE BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT ?
* If someone is hurt, dial 9 1 1 immediately.
* Using a camera or your phone, take pictures of all cars involved.
* Include pictures of the license plates.
* Include an overview shot showing the entire accident scene in one photo.
* Include photos of any skid marks.
* Draw a diagram of the road or intersection where the accident occurred. Mark the direction of each vehicle and the point of impact.
* Get the names and phone numbers of everyone involved. Ask to see their ID or drivers license to verify the information.
* Get the names and numbers of all witnesses.
* Note the time of day, road conditions, and weather conditions.
* Do not admit fault. Leave that up to the police and insurance companies. The other driver may have been speeding or under the influence, or there may be other contributing factors which you are not aware of.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Am I required to call the police?||No, but…||
Calling the police establishes a legal written record of the accident and minimizes the risk that you will be taken advantage of by others..
|Am I required to get 3 estimates?||No.||No law in Ohio requires you to get multiple estimates for the repair of your vehicle. The vehicle owner is allowed to have their car repaired at a shop of their choosing, and without influence from an insurance company or any other third party.|
|Will the insurance company pay for my rental car?||Maybe…||
If you are filing a claim with your insurance company and you have rental car reimbursement coverage on your policy, then the answer is YES, subject to the limits of your policy.
If someone else is 100% at fault and their insurance company is paying for your repairs, then the answer is YES.
|Should I buy the optional insurance offered by the rental car company?||Call your agent.||If you have full coverage on your own car insurance policy including Collision, Comprehensive, Liability and Medical coverage, then most often this coverage will transfer to your rental car. Please call your agent or insurance company to confirm.|